Chair Force Engineer

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

All Diseases, Physical and Mental

I contracted food poisoning from something I ate on Sunday, whether it be the omelet from Bob Evans' on Sunday morning or the Philly Cheese Steak from the hotel restaurant that night. It hit me like a sack of bricks on Monday morning. After my digestive system had expelled the offensive food, I developed a fever that hurt my ability to concentrate in class. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to class at all, but learning a little bit of something is better than learning a lot of nothing.

The most frustrating aspect of Monday's class was the debrief from our second test. The original schedule called for the debrief, followed by a review of some lessons, followed by testing on those lessons. Alas, the debrief went all the way until 4 PM because too many people asked too many lame-ass questions. It's one thing to add a legitimate complaint about a test question; it's another thing to quibble with the instructor about the testing standards or try to analyze why a particular person got a particular question wrong. Maybe I'd have found the session more therapeutic if I had failed the test; instead, I was one of the lucky ones who passed by the seat of my pants.