Chair Force Engineer

Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Purpose of this Blog

The blogosphere is populated with "mil-blogs," written by members of the U.S. Armed Forces, usually those who have seen Iraq or Afghanistan first-hand. This weblog is not one of them.

Instead, this weblog chronicles the adventures of an Air Force officer in the field of acquisitions. I am not on the "tip of the spear" like my conrades in Iraq or Afghanistan are. I am about as far away from the tip as possible. I'm on the ass-end of the spear. And every day, I'm racked with guilt that braver men than I are going out and trying to keep the world safe for democracy.

That's not to say that life as a "Chair Force Engineer" isn't interesting and isn't worth reading about. The adventure that I will take over the next few years, complete with its triumphs and frustrations, is the subject of this weblog.