Chair Force Engineer

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Giving it another try

Once-regular readers of this blog have probably noticed that things have been pretty silent for the last ten months. Truth be told, I've been completely separated from the world of engineering for the last year and a half. Between my current job and my non-involvement in the world of technological progress, I can't say I've had much to say.

The situation is changing this Monday, as I start a new job in the defense and space industry. It will require the skills I learned in engineering school and in the US Air Force. My time away from this industry has helped me to see things from a different perspective, letting me appreciate the pay and intellectual camaraderie that are often part of technical work.

In the days ahead I will make more frequent posts when I have some perspective to share on the technology issues of the day. Hopefully I can inspire a few people to see the ramifications of technology from a new perspective as they try to form intelligent, informed opinions of their world.