Chair Force Engineer

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Death Race 2007

I can't believe I did it, but I put my money down to run a marathon next weekend.

I don't feel very good about this race. My body hurts every time I run. I was supposed to be running three days a week for the last fifteen weeks, but I have not been as disciplined as I should have been in my training. I haven't been motivated to cross-train as aggressively as I should. I missed a lot of workouts when I was traveling for business and pleasure.

I've promised myself that next Sunday's race will be my last. After saying that I completed a marathon, there's nothing more I can prove. The degradation of my running times that I've observed over the course of this year is evidence enough that there is nothing to be gained if I continue to run, aside from stress fractures and busted knees. God willing, I will at least be able to finish this marathon with dignity before I hang it up for good.